Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break Feverish

At this moment my children are probably abandoned on a desolate beach, left without food, potable water, or a means to communicate with their Mother. (They texted me yesterday.) Still, I imagine them surrounded by bandits, enduring unspeakable atrocities, exposed to a plethora of contagious and deadly diseases.

Worse, I'm convinced they haven't applied sunscreen since Saturday when I surreptitiously slathered their faces one last time as I leaned into their father's SUV to kiss them good-bye.

If they do survive, they will almost certainly endure 97th degree sunburns, leading to severe chronic pain and causing each of them, successively, at the tender age of 22, to develop skin cancer just as they initiate brilliant careers and begin producing the grandchildren I have awaited since the moment my eldest child was conceived.

Meanwhile, I'm chilling out after attending the Chris Tomlin concert Sunday night.

Praise the Lord for Chris Tomlin, "You see the depths of my heart and you love me the same. You are amaaazzziiinnngg G-ahhh-dddd. You are amazing God."

Without his music I would really be a basket case.

I pray that our Lord Jesus Christ, who is faithful in all circumstances, bless you and your families today.
xoxox and :) ;)
Cheeky

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be displayed after moderator review.