Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day Flowers

I had a sink full of flowers on Mother's Day. Why, you ask? Well, I'll tell ya why.

Because about 9 years ago I bought some super cute pots I intended to fill with Mother's Day bouquets for all the wonderful Moms I knew.

They really would have been some fabulous arrangements.

Back then I was a relatively new Mom permanently ensconced in Suburban Housewife-hood. I believed the people to be celebrated on Mother's Day were women (specifically married women) who had borne or adopted children.

A few things have changed since then. Including my marital status, my flower purchasing frequency, and the size of the pots I can afford to fill.

Another thing that has changed is my outlook on Motherhood. Now I firmly believe "everyone who has ever nurtured anyone" should be celebrated on Mother's Day (and throughout May a.k.a., Mother's Month).

This year I finally semi-delivered on the bouquet plan hatched 9 years ago. Coming up this month, more about the kitchen sink flowers and some of my favorite "Moms."

I hope you have a beautiful day, ladies and gentlemen. You are in my hasty prayers. xoxoxo, Cheeky

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains, but do not have LOVE, I am nothing."

Have a great day Cheeky,
Love,
L

Cheeky Church Lady in Training said...

Right back at ya, Babes! Hope your Mother's Day was as fabulous - and as "hot" - as you :) xo, Cheeks

Anonymous said...

Great, great message today! Wishing you many bouquets for the difference that you make.

Cheeky Church Lady in Training said...

Thanks anonymous! Your comment just gave me like six dozen teapots full of flowers :) Bless you. xox, Cheeks

Anonymous said...

I totally love the image of the flowers in the sink. I saw your fabulous, self-designed, cherry-and-granite-and-stainless gourmet kitchen of 9 years ago, and I've seen the one you have today, and I have to say that I prefer the image of today. And that metaphor of flowers in today's sink carries beyond the flowers!! annie

Cheeky Church Lady in Training said...

Thanks, Annie! One of the many reasons I love you is that you see these things. So glad to be on the journey w/you. xoxoxo, S

Post a Comment

Comments will be displayed after moderator review.