Thursday, April 16, 2009

One Tip, Not 485

I received the current issue of "Woman’s Day" this week. The top article is "485 Tips to Live Well Every Day."

485? Are you freakin’ kidding me? While you’re at it, why not 62,700,587?

As soon as I saw this, the entire issue became the antithesis of "Playboy" for men. It will be something I read "only for the pictures."

I figure if you have time to read 485 Tips to Live Well, you’re livin’ pretty well already. At the very least you have a cleaning lady, personal trainer, a life coach, and a nanny. Possibly you have a live-in maid, personal chef, and a full-time masseur named Clint.

For the rest of us poor slobs, Jesus has 1 Tip to Live Well. It’s called the 2nd part of the Greatest Commandment or one of the most commonly quoted, misunderstood, and deceivingly simple statements ever.

Citing Leviticus 19:18 during one of the many times he patiently endured questioning (Matthew 22:39), Jesus says,

“Love your neighbor as yourself.”
As a semi-humble servant of Christ I suggest you start with the "self" part.

Have a beautiful day, ladies! You are in my prayers today.
xox,
Cheeky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not have any of the things mentioned to enable me to relax and read a magazine. I do not even have a subscription to a magazine. I must agree that life is best if kept simple. I will take your advice to heart.

Anonymous said...

Don't we all wish we had the personal masseur!
Then he could love our self to pieces!

I am all for love your "self" as I know God loves me just the way I am on the inside and outside. Now if I could just love myself the same way life would be totally Grand!
Keep up the great writing Cheeky. You brighten my day with your blog!!!!!!
D.G.

Cheeky Church Lady in Training said...

Thanks for your comments, ladies. That Jesus was a clever guy. Five simple words. Big, difficult job.
Have a beautiful day, ladies!! xox, Cheeky

Post a Comment

Comments will be displayed after moderator review.